The huckleberry was officially named the state fruit in 2010, and for good reason. We love huckleberries and all things containing huckleberries. However, the best part about enjoying this delicious berry is the adventure in finding it - just like a good ole' fashioned Easter Egg Hunt! It’s notoriously difficult to cultivate huckleberries commercially, and the main method of obtaining them is by….well, going out and picking them.
Since huckleberries thrive at higher elevations, going into the mountains is a must. Berry picking season begins usually in mid-June and goes through August, but of course this varies based on weather and other factors. Many Idahoans are pretty tight lipped about their favorite huckleberry picking spots, but this list contains some good places for you to start! Check out more and 5 great places to pick huckleberries this summer (https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/idaho/huckleberry-picking-id/)
What's inside matters:
- Ste. Chapelle Sparkling Wild Huckleberry "Champagne" Sparkling Wine**
- Idaho Huckleberry Salt Water Taffy
- Black Canyon Gourmet Huckleberry Popcorn from Kuna, ID**
- Homemade by Dorothy Idaho Huckleberry Brownie Mix
- Huckleberry Honey**
- Gourmet Chocolate Bark Assortment from Arno Chocolate in Nampa, ID**
- Idaho Candy Company's Owyhee Huckleberry Gems Bar**
- Wild Huckleberry Dark Chocolate from Boise's Dream Chocolate**
- Homemade by Dorothy's Potato Muffin Mix**
- Idaho Wild Huckleberry Merlot Wine Truffles**
- Lavender Garden Sprinkles from Potting Shed Creations in Troy, ID**
- Artificial Succulent
- JacQuot French Mild Chocolate Hollow Eggs - oh là là - oui!?
- Classic Wicker Easter Basket - reusable for farmers market runs and plants!
** Proudly recognizes product from Idaho and the surrounding Inland Northwest.
Each gift basket, box, container and crate are artfully wrapped and adorned, when applicable, with a color-coordinated hand tied bow doubled with tulle and raffia. We use 100% totally biodegradable packing peanuts, recycled / recyclable cardboard boxes and reusable, air-cushioned bubble wrap and we up-cycle as often as possible.
Seasonal items, regional period manufactured goods and some supplies occasionally are subject to availability from local suppliers. *One or two alternative replacements may be necessary due to product availability. Creative Gift Baskets reserves the right to change-out product for like items, only when necessary, without notification.
It's advised to use overnight shipping for quality assurance in the hot summer months or we can substitute the chocolate for another product for you and ship it UPS ground. If you are unsure, or need assistance, please let us know by calling to ensure the options best for your gift. If containing wine or beer, please see our shipping page for a list of states we can ship wine to.